'Writers are liars by nature, but just because of that, don't discount us. For it is through our lies that we tell the truth. Our stories become the mask.'

Sunday 8 July 2012

Yellow Rooms' and the Weapon Needed to Blow Procrastination Sky-High...

Hey-ho hi dear friends,
  I have finally returned from my self-imposed isolation and am feeling much more drawn to the world and positivity. :D
  I am curious though to know if anyone tried following the instructions in my last blog, that would have been nice heehee.
  Nah if there was an island in Byron that I chose to visit it would be the Praying Woman. (I think that's what they call her), but from Belongil Beach this little island looks like a woman with her face raised to the sky in prayer. Very calming and eerie, but coolio.
  So anyway, sorry to have left you all on a cliff hanger with the story, and I won't keep you long with my ramblings, no I just wanted to talk about procrastination. If there was a graph that showed how much time a writer or other artist spent procrastinating, it would be more than 50%. :D
  Say for me, I always want to write, and I know where I have to go with the story next, but I still just won't write at times. Either I'll pace, clean, read, re-read my story so far, pace, drink, clean, stare twitching at my screen, write a sentence and then delete it, over and over again. :] Stupid stupid haha.
  Really the only advice I have is that in the end, you've got to shove it out of your mind that what you write could be wrong or make no sense and just do it. I found a way to train myself in that I'd do all my internet work and cleaning and whatnot first and then I'd sit down in front of my computer screen/story and chain my ankle to my chair with a ribbon. Just loosely, you know, and so putting me in the mind frame that unless I write for 3 hours, I can't unchain myself.
  Sometimes I listen to music while writing just to get my doubts out of the way, or I'll compromise and work on my character biographies (Which by the way are a REALLY good idea to do) until I crave writing again. Running in the morning gives me inspiration, as does routine and even if I've had a little something to drink it helps get me going.
  One huge crazio thing I tried based on some advice, was dressing up in a really extravagant costume, going to a public place and sit there the whole day and write. It really does work, (and is sooo fun ).

  So yes, anything and anyway to write and just do it, you should, cause' it's worth it.

Enjoy the next part of my novel,

Much care and sunshine Birds,

Miss CLScarlett xx


To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment