'Writers are liars by nature, but just because of that, don't discount us. For it is through our lies that we tell the truth. Our stories become the mask.'

Monday 16 July 2012

A Pair of wings, and a teacup made of moss...


It’s song came to me in the deepest of nights,
 with the softest of tunes - it spoke to me of eternity, of starlit,
   lavender nights and oceans filled with planets...
  It’s eyes saw the depths of all knowledge,
     The depth of each heart - each waking moment...
  Cool waters tumbled as chimes through a million mirrors
    Into my ears - its dark coolness lighting up an unseen path...
  Beads of water, shining like the sun,
     Streaked through the sky - the object dancing
 and filling my mind with its soft, caressing notes
of Incense divine ....
   Taking me into a world of colors as I
             Gazed upon it...
   The most beautiful object in the world...

I wrote this poem in honour of a few things. It was this time when I read this book called The Starlight Conspiracy by Steve Voake and it talked about this bracelet that was from another dimension that played music, lit up and allowed the wearer to become inhumanely strong or be able to know all the secrets of the sea. It's described in a much more beautiful way than that but it so inspired me, that I barely knew what to do with my passion. So at first, I tried to make and invent something similar, maybe I still will try and do so someday, but the idea I had was to have a wooden dark egg with tiny glass slits on both the top and lower part of it. That when it becomes dark it glows with light and it would have a pre-set special music that played at random moments, and water would be contained in the top half, visible through the glass. 
Eventually I wrote the above poem about it and not long after that I put it into my books. It's in the fourth and fifth book of Cara's adventures, and I called it Seeshayanna, which in the story means The most beautiful object in the world.


I have also decided that - and I hope someone else has noticed the TV adds - well I've decided that on the 27th of this month I'm taking part in Stress Down Day. It's meant to be a way to try and reduce the stress we all feel in every day life and I think to raise money too. But anyways, I've decided that if I'm still not called up to the military by then I'll be at Nerang library or theatre in a bizarro outfit, writing. Gives me a chance to inspire myself to write, and I think I'll take along a money tin to raise money for lifeline too. Also makes it seem less weird...me turning up there in a costume. So if anyone lives near there and wants to drop by and say hi when I'm there, you're welcome to.

   A memory...just to inspire. Before I left home to go and work on an island a year or so ago, I spent a lot of time at home. Namely, it was the year I'd finished school and hey, everyone knows how amazing the sensation of freedom is in that year. :] But I recall that it had started to lightly rain, and I just got it into my head that I needed to be outside in it. So I left what I was doing, walked up to the field above my house and lay on the grass amongst wild flowers as it rained. Awesome memory.
  But it's so peculiar, and I think it has to do with me being a Pisces: which is a water symbol. Everything to do with the sea, or cold wind, or ocean currants, or rain etc...lakes...sets an electric pulse through me. Makes my eyes feel greener heehee. Like a drug.

Anyway I will write you all soon darlings,
Miss CLScarlett xx




No comments:

Post a Comment