'Writers are liars by nature, but just because of that, don't discount us. For it is through our lies that we tell the truth. Our stories become the mask.'

Monday 2 July 2012

Steampunk Moons and Laughing Apparitions...

Maybe shadows find themselves where dogs sleep,
  Where people slumber - thoughts exist,
and where dreams begin...
  That's where the moths eat.


Spooky spooky hey? That was a little something I came up with when I was in a strange time of my life. But it's a sensation I really get, and the only way I can explain it is that it's similar to moths gnawing away inside my chest. I've even put it into my book - and for those of you lovely people who remember, yes it was the main character Cara who would experience it just as she was starting to get angry.
I guess one could say it's a way of describing restlessness. Who else experiences restlessness, and how do you contain it?
  Steampunk....has always fascinated me, and wouldn't it be nice if there were more steampunk things in the world?.I guess you could hope that if ever there came a time in the future when all of the worlds' species were pretty much extinct, then people would start creating real steampunk animals and birds. There's some far out theories about that and I'd have to say that the Japanese are amazing storytellers and artists in that area.
  After all, who can really tell how far our genes will advance and mutate a hundred years from now? (If we're still around then) Take again the example of Dementia; people are getting it younger and younger now. In the past it was unheard of for people under 60 or 70 to get it, yet now those that do are usually under 50. Indeed, we're living longer but getting stranger diseases and are younger when we're hit with them. Almost makes you wonder (or makes me wonder), what it is that's causing it. It it our genes, or food or the environment? Some people I know like to believe that it's the chemicals in our water.
  Anyway, who really knows. Any theories?
So anyway, back to the story, and believe me...this next part is dramatic. A little dance with Hades never goes wrong. No indeed, is it possible that it makes us stronger?

  Greetings and star wishes to you Little Steampunks,
Miss CLScarlett xx





  To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment