'Writers are liars by nature, but just because of that, don't discount us. For it is through our lies that we tell the truth. Our stories become the mask.'

Monday 9 July 2012

Dine With Mozart...the only cost is your Soul...


  I implore you to have a little fun today...in my magical theatre of delights. 
    We have imploring rituals and curious mirrors, in which to see your soul...fish for stars or dine with Mozart, we don't really mind. 
   Entries free, no money needed...the only cost is your mind. 


    Ah isn't it fun, all those story ideas of in-between places? That little bit of writing was inspired from this lovely old book called Steppenwolf, anyone read it? It's by a German author and it's written in a very Shakespearean way, which is often a turn off I know, for many, but I find that just sometimes I need to read old writing. Like when one desperately just needs a hot chicken soup or tea: it refreshes you.
  But in this book, it circles about this man who believes himself to be part man and part wolf (or that his soul is so), and he hates and yet loves the trivial everyday life that the modern man of then led and so in turn began to hate himself. Similarly he is given the opportunity by a bunch of increasingly odd characters to look into the mirror of their little theatre and see himself as he actually is and learn to laugh. Well...there's a whole lot more to the book than that, and it even says at the start that there are a million interpretations, but I found it interesting and truthful in some ways.
  By far my favourite book is Just In Case by Meg Rosof. In which the main character is certain that fate or death is out to get him. It gets weirder and weirder, turning out to be that fate is actually playing a game with him, and in which reality and delusions begin to blur. LOVE that stuff. (And I'd have to say it's not so far from my mind the inkling that fate is constantly stalking and playing with me as well)
   Just writer delusions, no fear heehee.

There is in no way pressure from my part for you to take my advice, but I thought I'd put a very small list of books I have read and loved below, in case anyone's ever stumped on something new or old to read.
SO...

Steppenwolf (Herman Hess), The Raw Shark Texts (Steven Hall), Just In Case (Meg Rosof), Jennie (Paul Gallico), The Starlight Conspiracy (Steve Voake), Hot Nights. Cool Dragons (Matt Zurbo), The Dream Merchant (Isabel Hoving)


  Anyway, just a small list for you to sample and....a big heart laugh please...

Enjoy the story.....

Much love and moonshinings darlings,
Miss CLScarlett xx




 To be continued...ROAR

No comments:

Post a Comment