'Writers are liars by nature, but just because of that, don't discount us. For it is through our lies that we tell the truth. Our stories become the mask.'

Saturday 14 July 2012

The Writing DreamTime...

My most esteemed friends...
  If you would be so humorous, please done a mask, sit in my theatre and if you are so inclined, please join hands and look at the black candles.
  In the half-light we sit, and begin to speak the strange and unearthly words, and so we shall arrive, in the Writing DreamTime.


  Ah yes, the Writing DreamTime is a term I finally decided upon for the times I mentioned when I would become the creatures and characters I drew. But it's not just a term that's unique to me I believe, every writer experiences it at some point.
  What I mean is that it is the time - quite literally - when inspiration first comes to us. When our characters first walk into the light and the initial inkling of the story we could write comes to us.
For me it was my drawing times, that was when everything came to me, and I really experienced what my stories could be. It actually happens to be the fact that for the novel I've been posting, my character on run from the IMA wasn't a golden dragon at first. It was a great blue hued bird larger than an emu with huge wings, and three long feathers running from its' head. As strange as that sounds, it really was a gorgeous looking bird but over time she became the golden dragon.
   It makes me so curious, about how our characters come to us. When I was in my DreamTime, my characters just came to me as I adventured through the stories and developed the more I experienced them. Is it just the fact that if an idea is left to stew in someone's mind, eventually life grows there like an eco-system?
  I could probably fill up another few novels with the stuff I didn't include in any of the novel's I've typed out so far.
  A few other terms I developed were:
Amber Writing: The first writing you did, and that  is very beautiful and you can grow attached to. It's very hard to change, and is the name I would use for writings like Shakespeare or Great Expectations. All the writing we have had to read in school and English. However, I also think it can be used to describe our own writing when it's finally published. Then Amber Writing should be permitted.
Electric Writing: Original name I know :], but I honestly think it's a good description for it. Amber is beautiful but it's set in place and hard to change. Electric writing however, is fierce and sometimes painful, but it's the most alive and eye-catching. It is this style of writing one needs to revise and re-write books: To edit.
  As you go on you start to recognize each style, and it's nice to know, I think.

 Now I must confide in you, my dear friends, that this next section of my novel is the last chapter of this particular book, which maybe I should have announced a few days ago with more fanfare. However I hope that you will still find interest in reading this blog even after this part of Cara's story has ended, as I do believe I have more to offer you and future stories to tell. I am also determined that one day I will be published, however that stage of my plan is not yet in place, but when it is, you'll hear about it first here.

  With much nostalgia, I give you the last chapter of my first novel.

Wishing you much enjoyment and love dear friends,
Miss CLScarlett xx




No comments:

Post a Comment