'Writers are liars by nature, but just because of that, don't discount us. For it is through our lies that we tell the truth. Our stories become the mask.'

Tuesday 3 July 2012

I sat down with a Dragon today, and we puffed some smoke together and he said...

 'Ohh yeaaaah, if I had a car ( and don't ask me why I don't :D ) I'd get a dragon-car. Apparently they're all the rage in Russia at the moment.'

  (It's true, that's what my dragon did say to me as we puffed away) But it's interesting about dragons...(eyes roll, ah duh, everyone is interested in dragons Scarlett) There's fables and legends about dragons in every culture that it almost makes you wonder if at some point there were creatures that looked like dragons but weren't all magical like the stories make out or as big. Yes it's hard to think of a creature existing that could actually breathe fire but there is an actual beetle called the Bombardier Beetle which has a very similar type of chemical reaction that can be flammable. Maybe it's like Chinese whispers, that at one point the creatures we think of as dragons were just snake sized creatures with wings. (If you go along the whole path of evolution and such, maybe to the people back then those creatures were dragons to them)
  Maybe there were dinosaurs still alive when people were around and those people called them dragons?
  Anyway, conspiracy theories aside...hmhmhumhum, yes I do love them. But I'd have to say my life has always been filled with dragons. I'm so curious to know if anyone ever watched the cartoon Tabaluga when they were little? It's this cute dragon who saves everyone. And Spiro, of course. But aside from the various cartoons, I drew them for some time and those drawings morphed into my stories - namely this one I've been posting. You get to meet a whole bunch of cool-cat dragons later into my books (if they're published that is, :]) but often daydreamin I'd watch my dragons climbing about the trees or watching the sky with me. I don't see them so much any more, it's seemingly just Sodom now, my bad-O guy.
   Nah I just think it would be cool if I owned a small dragon with shiny eyes and glistening scales that puffed smoke at me as I wrote. :D Especially the smoke puffing. ;] I wouldn't mind sharing some of that dragon-puff too.... (whistling absent-mindedly....)


Ahm...anyways enough talk about other dragons, let's get back to our dragon...in which Cara has just been in a duel of will-power with dear Reno. Enjoy if you can.

My love little Spiro's,
Miss CLScarlett xx





To be continued...


















No comments:

Post a Comment