'Writers are liars by nature, but just because of that, don't discount us. For it is through our lies that we tell the truth. Our stories become the mask.'

Sunday 22 July 2012

Frozen Mars Bars Invaded my Mind...

      There are so many marvellous puzzles in this world, and no end I think to the ghosts that lurk about.
   But it's like a marvellously bitter-sweet trip, in that the highs are made so much sweeter by the lows until eventually all there is left to do is laugh at it all. Wear a mask, smile garishly and stare your fear in the face.
  Take character biographies (and I really can't stress this enough, how important it is to do them), but characters become so much more than Fiction when you ask them every question you could possibly ask another human being, and the fact is when I started doing mine, well it shocks you which parts of a character are like yourself and other people you know.
  I think, subconsciously as writers we put such great amounts of our inner self into our characters that it's no wonder we're devastated when people criticise and condemn our work, because it's a part of our heart.
  But going back to mysteries, you could almost ask why people can be so narrow-minded when all the evidence points to something unusual.
  Take for example UFO sightings. I watched this near-hilarious documentary a few weeks ago that was based around all the sightings the military in America experienced back when interest in it all really started to climb. It really sent them mad, as in the army thought the air force was behind it and vice versa, that they were being invaded, and there were a whole bunch more conspiracy theories but basically the whole gist was that the very military had no true idea about who was behind the UFOs or why.
  Aside from this, there's been recorded sightings of UFOs for centuries, even in some Egyptian hieroglyphics. Okay this isn't to say that it's little green men: that's just, too creepy for me, but just, something else...every single one of those million people can't be wrong. (Same with dragons heehee)

  I also have realized the funniest thing, that the two types of belief systems that are the most shunned and not taken seriously are people who believe in UFOs and Christians. Says something odd, don't you think? Then again...there's always Scientology. :D
  It's like I saw this report on the news a few days ago - last night in fact - about this disease called The Sleeping beauty Disease. It's this thing where victims (usually teenagers), would have episodes where they fall asleep for extremely long periods of time, sometimes longer than eight months, and when they do seem to be awake, they act like a two year old, aren't completely there, and are in a trance-like state. When they are asleep they're stuck in a perpetual nightmare.
  Yeesh. Terrifying right? It's enough to make me never want to sleep again, but hey I already feel that way. In that, this disease reminded me of Sleep Paralysis, which ashamadely does not seem to be recognized by the medical profession.
  It also seems very similar and as well as me heaps of others get it. My earliest experience of it was when I was ten or twelve (although being just a kid, I thought it was some type of demonic force come to take me heehee).
  It was psycho, but when it happened that first time, I recall that the room grew burning hot, and it looked like red flames were licking the walls everywhere. Then there was this huge presence sitting on my chest, keeping me down and then I was unable to move an inch. I became paralysed. Then, at the foot of my bed, this Biblical-looking man in a purple robe and close-shaven hair with snake-like eyes appeared. He began to talk to me without opening his mouth (and he called me Karen instead of my real name), saying all sorts of terrible, weird things. And hey, I was scared, so I began to pray, and eventually, it all disappeared and stopped.
  But even though for a while I became unable to sleep because I was terrified that I was either being haunted by demons or aliens, eventually I looked the symptoms up online and found out about Sleep Paralysis. Classic symptoms: paralysis, inability to breathe or speak at times, heat, apparitions and voices, terror, etc...

   It just annoys me that there's so many untreated and un-named things out there that doctors seem determined to ignore.

 Ah but I shall look to brighter times and memories, and I think sometimes - especially when you find yourself in nothing, empty places, in-between points of your life - you find yourself retreating more and more into your memories.
  Probably the strangest time I had was these two weeks I spent living in the youth guest house at Belongil Beach. I was in a strange state of mind at that time in my life, and it was almost like living in a dream of a dream (living at Belongil), but it was this wooden airy house right by the ocean that had five or so cats and an endless flow of others from around the world. I'd remember walking down the long beach every day, and always stopping when I reached the black water that divided one part of the beach from the next. But it was just...otherly.
  Ah! But probably one of the most hilarious memories (or one of them), was when I was living on the island for a year, and it was Easter time. Heehee. We (the Pastry section), got it into our minds to get a gigantic chocolate rabbit for the buffet, and afterwards, we decided to break it to pieces using a rolling pin. (So as to distribute it easier and so on), and well, I was given the honour of breaking the head of the rabbit :D , and...I kinda didn't realize the weight of the rolling pin. So, in all honour of fun and it being a festival, I slammed the rolling pin down on the head and literally it just shattered. One moment there was a chocolate rabbits' head and the next...nothing. Heehee. It full on just exploded everywhere. :D

  Anyway, enough chitterchatter.

Love,
Miss CLScarlett xx

P.S. Check out this link for more glimpses of masks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbN0nX61rIs&noredirect=1

No comments:

Post a Comment