'Writers are liars by nature, but just because of that, don't discount us. For it is through our lies that we tell the truth. Our stories become the mask.'

Monday 24 September 2012

A Window into the Chinese Puzzle Box......and a rather odd Hippo sporting a madonna wig. Hmm...




 
Do you know what hungrythirsty is? No. Are you stupid?
My brother is, he’s in a basement.
Hungrythirsty is when you are neither hungry or thirsty
but a bit of both.
And there is only one cure for hungrythirsty and that’s Oak.
With its full strength and full taste it’s full on!
Evening.
I wish I’d fed my son Oak when he was growing up.
Just kidding, I don’t have a son.
Well technically I do, but he’s in real estate.
 
 
 
             Yess I had to do it you know...this whole thing has been sending me loco for the last week or so, and surely I can't be the only person who's going round to every store they can find and asking if they have Oak. Heehee...eventually I'll find it, as it is...it seems to be eluding me no matter how hard I hunt for it. XD
 
 
             Last night, a door to Eternity opened up to me. I call it that, without perhaps meaning anything too spiritual...more, that it was like my mind exploded with ideas. There were hundreds, and so many beautiful flashes of inspiration that even if I had of had a notebook I don't think I would have been fast enough to record them all down. It was almost euphoric and made me think that this is the way we were designed to be and to think.
             Rather than just having elevator music or the occasional doom and gloom notion in my mind and somewhat shabby new ideas squeeze out from the edge of the doors' frame...instead, the door flies open and there's no stopping any of them.
 

 
                  Throughout the day I had so so many revelations. Part of it was re-reading this book I love called The Raw Shark Texts Steven Hall. He seems to write on the edge of insanity too with brilliant theories and ways of putting his words and I've realized that he came across the same idea as me or perhaps vice versa. Either way, we both have a similar theory but they have different faces.
His theory is that (or at least in the story, but I believe it's true of real life) every idea and fragment of information and text and media is like a waterway that flows between everyone and everything...that it is so complex a network and things grow in it: life.
 
         We are all connected...we are made of the same matter as everything else, but while he sees it as a waterway of rivers and lakes and streams and even oceans, I see it as a jigsaw or a Chinese puzzle box. Both make sense to me, but if you would, dear friends, consider my theory:
 
     Our lives interconnect in the smallest and sometimes biggest ways and like a puzzle we all have our small tiny place that fits into the millions of other interlacing and overlapping lives or peices of others we meet and hear about and know. The only way we succeed in life is (like a puzzle box), pressing the right pressure points and opening the right doors...sliding the right peices in the right way to make something extraordinary happen: whether it be achieving our goals or dreams or love. Sometimes the puzzle box moves us about of its' own accord, and we can't always control it.
 

                As cliche as it sounds, I want my writing to be like stars shining out to people from the book page when they read it. That's really a lot of what I want...to be able to leave an impact on the world when I leave it by my books and whatever else I can.
I want to be able to earn off my writing and to be remembered...perhaps even see my stories turned into a movie.
 
              My only problem now...is deciding who or what I should dedicate my first novel to, and really start to edit it. I'm also wondering if it's such a good idea to have 'To be continued' at the end but in Latin...as well as a word for eternity that I decided was a real word:
 
Lat Aterna
 
I will leave you with this small peice of advice and fun most dearly dear friends...heeheehee:
 
S
  S
  S
S
S
 S
    S
     S
S
S
S
S
  S
   Szz
  szzzzzzz
 
 
               Fall asleep now, turn around once...chant lot's of rice and lift your hands thrice because the Sinister Meeting Room calls.
 
We need your presence we need your fun and best of all we need your gum,
we beg of you every night and day oh won't you transcribe to our delicious herasayyy
So inscribe our tattoos upon your skin and make a pact to fear the dead,
We will care for you if you will care for us,
and the most well-earned fact is that you can never leave, so earn our trust...
                    If you wish to answer our call and truly become a membere, dialle the star straight down to zero and glance in a Westerly 2000 metre direction. Find the little boat and then whistle a Rapsody tune, hop into the lagoon...and please try not to swoon.
We need you here and you will see, that we are agreeably, well paid indeed.
So ignore our teeth and get on with it please...
You are in the mists now and the weeds do breathe.
 
You are a part of the Sinister Meeting Room now.
 


  Just a last word, :] I think writing takes faith. That you have to have the belief inside of you that you aren't so terrible a writer that you can put words to paper...ignore the fear that you don't deserve to try or there's no point to it. There is...there is a reason we feel the way we do...we merely have to be patient and wait to find it. And that may take a while...years may go by before you understand why the desire to write or create or dance is hidden inside of you, or not.

  Much LOVE darlings,]
  Miss CLScarlett xx


 P.S.  Just below is a sign I had made in Bali when I went there with my family of an important word to me. It is Kir Hareseth (and I'm, ahm, ashamed to say that I misspelled it, but I think its' importance is still there). It's Biblical...and it was a city that a people tried to destroy...but in the end it continued to stand firm. There was a lot more to it, but the idea I got from it was that something with that name would never be able to truly be destroyed or pulled down. It can withstand.
      Aside from this it's [spoiler alert] the name for one of my most favourite characters in my dragon books, one of his inventions. He's also, mind, the guy Sodom hates the most...so yeah he's pretty darn coolio.
 
It is now the nameplate of whatever place I inhabit.
 
 
 
 
 
P.P.S. Looking forward to the 2nd of October.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment