'Writers are liars by nature, but just because of that, don't discount us. For it is through our lies that we tell the truth. Our stories become the mask.'

Wednesday 5 September 2012

September's Gozba and 'other' things...



Hi darlings,
Scarlett here...
 
    So I have collected two days worth of creations. The photos you see are all part of my les é checs dyfi or Chess Challenge: in which I will be taking a series of photos of myself and others in odd places and in odd outfits playing chess and having tea.
 
      I have also written the first of my Hidden Theme poems, of which I will write one every second day. This first is called Gozba and I invite you to guess as to its' meaning. :]
 
Below are the goals I aim to complete in the remaining weeks and days of September:


September:
Learn to play chess . Write one poem based on a theme every second day . Write for two hours every day and create better writing habits . Begin a savings plan . Put my Writing Plan into action . Put a video on YouTube . Start re-reading all my favourite books .
 
Gozba.
First you hear the whistling tune,
Haunting sweet paths through your brain...
Like an ill-gotten charm to wake the dead,
Singing cool night blues...
You make your unsteady path down the hall,
pass people as faded as memory,
Each of them holds a growing light in their eyes,
and a demeanour that promises heartache...
You pass them by and as you walk,
that dancing melody grows louder,
Such is the puppet master that has wings of frets and notes,
that can entomb you in its' entrancing guild...
A room encompasses you from the depths of the hall
and the sensations are everywhere now,
Rose coloured lights,
and a table stretching five miles long...
a drifting crowd of faces that gaze at you with smiles...
And then you know in your heart,
a great certainty in you,
that this is where you are meant to be
and Heaven forbid you should try to leave,
So you let them stretch their arms out
and grasp you with fingers that are cold,
You experience a brief moment of confusion...
No surely their touch is warm?



The firelight grows and a seat is withdrawn for you,
as you sit before a banquet fit for eighty-two...
As you begin to feed the tastes explode and the room acquires a glow,
the glow it fills you and you cannot believe...
how much these strangers have chosen to dote on you,
Their pale eyes never leave you and their lips usher soft praise...
they refuse to leave your side,
laughing off your questions with aim,
Finally you have eaten, as much as you can take,
then looking around,
you realise that you were the only one who took a plate,
'What's wrong' you ask, 'is the food not to your liking?'
Their movement's fall silent but their smiles grow wider...
'Oh yes' they reply,
'the food is to our liking,
but stay a moment longer dear friend...
there's no need to wander...'
A slow dawning fills your mind as their mouths become gaping holes,
mere caves ringed by jagged glass,
and you understand that you have fallen asunder...
Yet stuffed you are...
Quite nicely so,
and unable to move yourself your hosts emit a roar,
As they begin to feast on your body and heart,
you realise that it was not for you but they...
and that you should never have come,
to this Gozba buffet.
 


      So I have begun to learn chess...and am yet to grab a moment with my Dad to start playing our EPIC chess game heehee. But this is all giving me so much inspiration and I have heaps of things planned so...this should hopefully keep you all interested and laughing.

      Ah and on a side note...I began playing chess against Mr White n S and Ha! we're even. I captured his bishop despite the fact that he tried to silence me by ferociously capturing three of my pawns in his first three or so moves. XD

     Wish me luck and hope for my Orientation day for my new Seaworld Job as Pastry and Cold Buffet chef tommorow.

   Much Love,
   Miss CLScarlett xx




 


No comments:

Post a Comment