'Writers are liars by nature, but just because of that, don't discount us. For it is through our lies that we tell the truth. Our stories become the mask.'

Friday 7 September 2012

Reminiscents of the Dream-Trapped Mind...






Hey...
 
 
   I really should have planned everything...I'm not sure, and mainly it feels like I've just started to remember how things were at the beginning on Lindeman when I worked there. Namely, it's very hard to enjoy any of it in the first few weeks and hey, it's pretty much the same at my new job.
 
Upside is that with all the stuff that's happening I'm stressing less about certain things and finding myself amazed at how much you can fit into a small amount of time.
 
 
         Also...sorrowfully, I have decided to take it a bit more easy on my goals for the next 109 days. I'll still finish them all, but I may not be able to spit out a poem every second day or write that much. If I can just get myself into the swing of things, all these other things will come about and I'll be okay.
 
 
But maybe...I can handle a small poem, now...
 
 
 
Sleep Paralysis.
 
A stone falls into silence...
and my eyes fall into darkness,
Lying on ice,
they come with their broken razors and trailing scars,
In times of shadow and listlessness,
I hear them scratching...
at the walls and my mind,
they grip my body,
Put a fifteen kilogramme weight in my bones...
The air scorches my skin,
and out of the night voices assault my ears,
whispering, laughing in crazy-sad voices
and taking the tone of those I love...
Yet who are the furthest from anything remotely familiar,
Spectres shift and warble out of the darkness,
Cannot move,
terror racing like Ecstasy through my brain
and all they do is laugh...
Until I recall that this is merely a scientific nightmare,
Live to defy it,
Lie on your side, fall asleep at once, not slowly...
in case they decide to latch in their claws
in your moments of drifting,
It's a fate you carry alone,
Because to doctors it is all fanciful garbage.
Ha! Tell that to the living shadows,
and the Paralysis, and the time-moths
and all the hidden parts...
The slow-eating of my mind,
and I realise,
that I've known all along,
I'm sick somewhere deep inside
and I can't decide any longer if it's physical or some part of my mind,
When did I start losing my physical edges?
When did I start feeling this tremor...
and allow the monsters time to take hold?
 
 
 
 
   I'll try and Blog as much as possible, and wish you much love and happiness,
 
 
   Miss CLScarlett xx
 


No comments:

Post a Comment