'Writers are liars by nature, but just because of that, don't discount us. For it is through our lies that we tell the truth. Our stories become the mask.'

Wednesday 24 April 2013

MoonDust in your haiiiiiiiiiiir? Here, let me dust it off for you...

 
I was waltzing in the rain the other night...
making my way down Evening Parade,
when I saw an illuminated object...
waiting for the traffic lights to change,
It sat there looking lost...
and I was almost too shy to ask,
what it was doing there...
alone on Evening Parade that hour,
yet standing a safe distance...
the lightning cracking the sky,
I called across the street to it...
and I heard that illuminated object utter a sigh,
 
'Oh dear creature of the night like me...
I am indeed lost I am indeed waylaid,
where is the home for me...?
I wait upon this curious multi-coloured machine,
to tell me what to do...
and over the minutes I've spent waiting,
I've pondered the wisdom of this too...
yet where is there for me to go,
when it finally allows me to pass...
when I know not where I belong myself,
the only memories I was left...
was that my strings were cut,
and I fell like the dead...
and now I find myself here,
on a grey street and in a grey world...
except for you creature of waltz,
you seem to hold some light in you...'
 
Before I could answer,
his most curious of statements...
a scuffling drew our ears,
and a prickling on the back of my spine...
I turned in the direction of the Wood named Dark,
that lay behind the houses and streets of my world...
 


There sat upon the edge,
a wolf whose fur was black...
and he stared back at us for a while,
before he began to speak, head tilted left...
 
'Oh moon and oh waltz-creature...
we mourn for your plight,
for we as wolves...
are no longer permitted to howl at your light,
we tried and tried...
sniffing out the old ways,
yet our voices were snagged and fractured...
when our heads we lifted up and away,
our stars have fallen...
and the dust of them forgotten to us,
we know not which paths we cross...
we know not what woods we walk,
we know not which hour we choose to die...
and now the fate hunts us in the night,
our paws bled new rivers in the deep...
and on quiet nights alone I speak,
and weep...
for I am the Grey the Black and the Ice,
hear me scream...
hear me growl with vice.'
 
The moon and I we shivered for the Grey...
yet knowing that he was an unspeakable truth,
we turned and turned away...
one cannot answer the wailing of the wind,
or question the rain when it lands...
we must endure its' mystery and woefull cry,
until our hearts match theirs...
still my soul snagged,
as I heard the moon whisper again...
 
'creature of dart and waltz,
do not let what is hidden fade...'
 
The Grey called softly to us,
and in his eyes there burnt a fire...
 

the Grey cried...
 
'The world is fading...' the illuminous moon replied,
 
Such was my relief...
as the rainfall began to soften,
and I sensed a new purpose spreads roots in our hearts...
in us,
'Let us go...' the moon proclaimed...
'To a place of tiny seas and waves,
a place where land and soul is not called to be lost...
and where we shall find our way again.'
 
So the Grey and I...
we approached the moon,
in awe of its' brilliance and nearness too...
we climbed atop its ancient great face,
and perched there trembling...
as a strange wind blew,
it blew away the cold and the drab...
it swept the rain far and wide,
and banished the dust from every land...
we were whisked away far from time and race,
through crystal lagoons and small parts of space...
we saw a star die,
and then a cluster of them re-born...
we understood the song of the whale,
and saw the night-flower bloom...
until we arrived,
at a peculiarly familiar place...
where the horizon stretched to nowhere,
and the tram-lines didn't run...
where the walls of the city were pale blue,
and the sea is everywhere...
gathered in what felt to be a snowglobe,
we jumped from the moon...
turned and waited for his words,

'We have run and flown from the fading world...' the moon said quietly...
'we have sprited far away,
where I know not...
except through fractured memories and de ja vu,'
 
We turned to the ocean...
and ran to the shore,
felt the world righting itself around us...
and our hearts beginning to soar,
and with the sudden light in us...
the moon it glowed even brighter,
it rose steadily away from the beach...
headed bullet straight for the sky,
as is ascended high we heard its' last words...
reach down to us as though on a silver thread,
 
'Lest we forget...
we are the strength,
we are the conviction...
and we wash away the old tears with the new,
lest we forget...
that we are but infinitely tiny children of stars,
spun into a web of weaving and dreaming and breathing...
trying to make it out alive,
as our skies cry and scry...
Lest we forget...
that we are better than all we believe ourself not to be.'
 

As the moon reached its' proper place...
the Grey began to howl,
it lifted its' head...
coat suddenly gold and white,
as tears streamed down and it wailed to the moon...
He cried and wailed for a space of time,
then quietening down he grinned at me...
and his eyes holding a puppy-glow,
he turned towards the waves...
and leapt between them,
his fur becoming silver as the Grey danced upon the sea...
he spun and sparkled,
chasing flying fish...
until the froth cascaded over him,
and he became the sea...
It was then that I felt,
a strange drawing away...
a trembling of the sea and the city and the moon,
I felt them once more smile at me...
the moon and the Grey,
from somewhere between blurred myths and forgotten dreams...
I saw the world fold around me,
the city torn from sight...
and once again I stood upon the Evening Parade past midnight,
Yet despite the longing I felt for them...
in truth they'd nestled deep within my bones,
in my marrow...
in my lungs,
in my toes...
forever bonded in my soul,
with the softest of laughs I began to waltze...
and Paraded down that evening lane,
headed for the lights of home.
 


  Well hello there.....................  ......  :]

     If there's still people out there slouched and weighed down with boredom at their computer screens, or those who are confined to the endless dry cleaners burden of waiting...or the dreamers who hunt stars and ghosts...then I hope you will creep through the night like I do, and see wolves like the Grey and really, just manage to perhaps travel somewhere through reading these Blogs.

   I love you all - and no Sodom, Scar is not drunk right now! - and hope that your night is not going too bad.

   Much Love and hearbreaklesness...
    Miss CLScarlett xx

P.S. Lest we forget....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment