'Writers are liars by nature, but just because of that, don't discount us. For it is through our lies that we tell the truth. Our stories become the mask.'

Thursday 18 April 2013

Bewitched...and the peculiar habit of hummingbirds to predict earthquakes...

 
 
I'm hearing things again this night,
whispers between the wallpaper...
breezes that flow where the windows are screwed shut,
and marks and scratches where before there were none...
the shadows they lengthen,
and the smallest of eyes watch me from just beyond sight...
I find myself standing in places I don't remember walking to,
I laugh at myself in the mirror at night...
and sometimes I whisper,
to myself...
there are two sides to every coin, there are two sides to every coin,
We go mad before we begin, or before we start...
I never knew which,
it was...
The Sinister Meeting Room summoned me away you see,
for a fair few days of misery...
I have returned cursed with garbled speech,
and a gnawing deep in my bones...
we open our eyes as we fall asleep,
and feel the snowflakes piling higher...
higher higher,
each evening...
and eventually I wonder,
when exactly they started falling...
 
 
the ghosts chitter-chatter in the echoes,
and I see signs and messages...
between what glances I make,
rooks that crouch on lonely street signs...
staring and warbling at me,
a quarter moon that hangs low and bloody...
swamped by an orange shawl of cloud,
the silence warps into offbeat notes...
and cuts on my face when I wake up in the morning,
what we say is what becomes...
our metamorphasis into another,
at some point I realized that I had left the old Cara in my books...
and that she has stolen my humanity,
it is the character that has replaced what I once was...
and we play the strings to our own violin,
hold my heart...
let me die before my thoughts and memories are taken,
we sprint after racing shadows...
for we know that in the end,
even they leave us when we are swamped by dark...
 

Show your true colours as they sayy,
or your teeth...
if that's all you posess,
we can make do with either...
let us rest,
Give us rest...
we count down the numbers until we reach zero,
and tie our thoughts to gravity...
or perhaps they are tied there for us,
because gravity is a heavy burden...
and more often than not I can feel its weight,
like an abyss or dark cloud...
crawling with wet moths and false light and spinning laughs,
pulling me into the swamp...
pulling me into the deep dark,
the kraken has taken all I am...
he feeds,
he feeds...
and then leaves what is left for the silverfish,
only they...
blind and glistening and chewing,
they don't stop...
they don't stop crawling,
Have you noticed that?
Silverfish never stop crawling...
I have traced a circle in the dust,
and here I stand...
waiting for rain,
I see the mountains...
bellowing over there with hidden thunder,
and yet I stand...
watching for rain,
a stormwind blows bullet paths through my soul...
and I stare,
and hear the prophets whisper...
the chaos the storm the after,
it comes...
screaming like a hord for us,
over the valleys and fords...
to darken the sky,
 

we are bewitched to watch the end draw near...
and hear it in the earth,
speed barriers and glass are shattered with its' prowling...
and it prowls and prowls,
ever closer...
ever nearer,
we wait...
we watch,
and wish it would just happen...
how many times can coincidence be coincidence,
and what use is it saying I'm paranoid...
when it is all real,
they are all real...
the monsters,
the leviathans...
the corrupt governments,
yet here we sail away...
we sail away now,
to await...
but perhaps,
perhaps we can run and flee and fly...
far away from here,
but there's not long...
I can hear the hordes marching closer,
for me...
they told me on the sly,
they mean to burn you at the stake Scar...
why?
Witchcraft they said...
or perhaps the discontentment,
yes...
that is a sin punisheable by more than just death,
they will come for you Scarlett of many names...
they will find you,
and eventually dear fate will strike the final blow...
and it will be so feirce that you'll never fight again,
we fall within circles...
we fall within,
our circles...
we fall.
 


  Hi there...

   Sorry for the gloomy Blog [and how long it's taken to get to you], my mind is deep within gloom: as you may perhaps have guessed. :]
    I wanted to just say one thing...about, you guessed it...how chaotic the chaos is becoming. It may seem cold hearted to not write my Blogs about all the attacks and wars around the world...but I just thought, that people could use a break...or something to take their minds off the horror. Mind you, my Blogs aren't all that cheery lately, so I'll give it a rest.

   And no to a certain someone who I'm certain is reading this, it is not about you that I am gloomy.

   To a more positive and betterly curious future Blog,

  and all my love...

   Miss CLScarlett xx



 
 

 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment