'Writers are liars by nature, but just because of that, don't discount us. For it is through our lies that we tell the truth. Our stories become the mask.'

Wednesday 20 February 2013

The Wind Swept us into the Folds of Night...and we changed...became BEASTS of hope.

 
 


 So this is what you meant
When you said that you were spent?
And now it's time to build from the bottom of the pit right to the top

Don't hold back
Packing my bags and giving the Academy a rain check

I don't ever wanna let you down
I don't ever wanna leave this town
'Cause after all this city never sleeps at night

It's time to begin, isn't it?
I get a little bit bigger but then I'll admit
I'm just the same as I was
Now don't you understand?
I'm never changing who I am

So this is where you fell
And I am left to sell
The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell right to the top
Don't look back
Turning to rags and giving the commodities a rain check

 I don't ever wanna let you down
I don't ever wanna leave this town
'Cause after all this city never sleeps at night...
 
(Lyrics from 'It's Time' Imagine Dragons)
 
Well Scar...you would like a band that was named that, wouldn't you? ;]
 

 
I feel like I did that day long ago...
when I wrote the Blog about running and wolves -
feeling as though I could become one and just...
rip and shred everything up,
that my blood was pulsing and electric -
in other words...
the way my character in my first book often feels when the mood takes her.
I feel it again today...
but in a desperation of things-to-come,
and long-gone...
it's my birthday tomoro,
and I can't decide whether I'm excited or not...
but despite this,
it will be EPIC...
 
Brief rays of sun have lit up my life,
and even with the wind still howling in my bones and dreams...
I can hear the silence,
or what was silence now broken...
I float worlds away,
away...
 

Will you lie down with me upon a hill?
Where the world is before us...
and we are strong,
and not forgotten...?
we shall live and die as original US,
as we were...
before they tried to change us,
because we don't need to be afraid...
and we shouldn't have to always be careful,
I'm not confusing stupidity with freedom...
and I never will,
if the red man tells you not to cross at the road...
cross,
if there are no cars there...
if everyone turns the telly on at five,
don't turn it on at all...
press your ear to the ground and listen to its' pulse,
maybe then we'll remember that it matches our own heartbeat...
and that the land doesn't care for our rules or ways,
we can unravel so quickly...
and sometimes I want it to be done,
 


 
Sometimes I want the rain to rage and carress and destroy me...
sometimes I want to be pulled out to sea -
crushed and made new by the waves -
but dear friends,
don't misunderstand me...
it's not that I want to die,
it's that I want to live...
and feel every part of it soaring through my veins,
I want to cast off this old me...
and become something else,
maybe anything is possible...
maybe I have electricity running through my body and blood,
I feel channelled by the weather sometimes...
and a part of it,
:]
and the harder it would pour when I was on my way home...
on my bike,
the more I found that I could scream and laugh back at the weather...
that's what it wants,
the rain, the ice, the wind, the eddies...
their all screaming at and breaking and clashing at us,
because they want to wake us up...
when life can create such a deadness in us,
rather...
the routine of it,
I believe the skies want us to rage back at it when it rages at us...
that it even enjoys it,
 
 
we are magical creatures...
in a world that is trying to make us forget that we are.
 
We musn't forget.
Keep the faith,
don't be afraid to be wild...
but never let them see,
let them instead see how quiet you are...
when inside you're as loud as a fighter jet.
 
 
  Much Love and freedom-rapping dear friends,
  Miss CLScarlett xx
 
 

  


No comments:

Post a Comment