'Writers are liars by nature, but just because of that, don't discount us. For it is through our lies that we tell the truth. Our stories become the mask.'

Tuesday 5 February 2013

The Discontinued thought-process of the Turtoise and the Elk-Fairy....oh mee oh myyyyyy

 
 

 
I give myself to the trees...
for they speak towith me,
I give myself to the wind...
because it blows a familiar note through me -
because I become stretched within,
I give myself to the waters, coral, springs and tide...
whose sign spins my core -
a siren song to guide me home,
I give myself to the night hour...
that softly whispers to me -
peering beneath the dark hues of laze,
I give myself to the afternoon glow...
that fills me with sunshine fire,
and I give myself to you...
dear reader, dear new, dear you.
 
'Dragons are coming Mr. Watson...
and there ain't notin' you can do about it.'
 
 
 
     It's odd...the way it is in the world at the moment. On the one hand we have been met recently by the seemingly-imagined chaos before the beginning of 2013. Not just the doom and gloom predictions but the money tremor that ran through the world. Before I put you into a boredom coma yet, at all the same-old, once-was, now-isn't, I wanted to say one last bit.
 
       Quite suddenly, everything - all the worry and fear that the economy will go into a cliff-dive - it's all tapered off. Makes me feel like we're in the eye of the storm. The quiet place, where things have seemed to go back to normal and that the BIG BAD December 26th had come and gone. We are safe....
But are we, are we...are we...hehe
 
My only advice is to buy silver and gold:
buy it by the bucket if you can.
:]
 
I happened to experience three peculiar things over the last three or so days:
The first was that finally, at my job as pastry cook for Seaworld resort, it has been so quiet that I have been able to make some of the cakes that I created on my island: my last job. It was as though I'd been transported back, and I even felt the way I did back then. I was so incredibly at peace again and it wasn't all listless. It's like the cakes are a crucial part to me...a pretty odd thing I know.
The second thing was that...I have discovered and bought an electric bike by the name of Jaqueline ( or if the bike seems more male one day, I shall call him Jack) which rides so smooth and lovedly. It is a sort of freedom and I can drive as long as the battery stays charged lol.
The third was that I discovered three precious and curious objects to me:
a starfish, a voodoosortaHindu metal-thing shaped to look like a woman and a silver-like medallion that is rumoured to grant me what I would wish for. 
 
Bobby knew things in that moment, without knowing how he knew them, or why.
He knew drums were the oldest instrument. Older than guitars, older than singing. Older than language. He knew drums could be made of sticks, that they could be made of bones. He knew they held a need for passion. A hunger for violence. In that moment he knew drums were as old as fire. That they were the sounds of battle, anger, war. That the sound of a drum was a collection of hits, knocks and punches.
He knew this drum wasn't just a drum. He could feel it.
The snare was pulling at Bobby, tugging his blood towards the lane, where hidden things grew with his sudden belief in hidden things.
 
Pg 13 of Hot Nights. Cool Dragons. Matt Zurbo.
 
         Maybe we really are just little rag toys for fate or between two great forces or something else. But I did have a night thought last night, between a fold that opened in my sleeping mind. It was that we are soo connected. The earth moves throughout the solar system in a complex pattern that is determined by the stars, the other planets and the sun and who-knows-what-else. The moon pulls at and rages the tides, and we are all made up of the same particles and basic atoms, and we ourselves are made up of so much water. We are pulsing energy and ideas and convictions and possibility. It made me wonder if the fact that we're made up of so much water, would mean that the moon can move us, or that everything that shifts...shifts with us.
Or vice verse.
 
 
I guess I'm not sure what I'm getting at, but mainly I had this image of the earth being the wrong way up and a woman still connected to the planet just by her hands. I also dreamt a lot of cats, and kittens. Most of my dreams are just traces of dreams now...
 
Snow my winter away...
we come trekking through long paths,
to escape what we left...
and see the sun rise,
we left where we met...
the fields and beds,
to travel and travel...
see a land reveal something to us,
well met we are...
we are taken far,
away from the smoke...
over valleys and inlets and streams,
we dream a dream...
the city of Dwarka,
calls to me more and more...
maybe a time hence,
or perhaps another minute has passed...
she shall open her doorway to me,
and I shall step through...
to the city by the sea,
waiting for us ten-thousand years.
 
 
   I have also been thinking, that I want my own crest - I mean, the idea of family crests has always intrigued me - and I thought maybe I could create something that related to my pseudo name: Miss CLScarlett and was also a symbol that maybe someone out there reading this now could recognise and remember.
   Why? You ask?
   For the revolution maaan, the revolution. When things go belly up I plan to get revolutioning!
 
That....among, other things. :]
 
  I won't bother you any longer. Hope your February is shaping up marvellously...and that if not, you know that eventually, a light will appear on the horizon.
 
   Much Love,
 
   Miss CLScarlett xx 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment