'Writers are liars by nature, but just because of that, don't discount us. For it is through our lies that we tell the truth. Our stories become the mask.'

Thursday 24 January 2013

A Sailing through Wind-Time....

 It's only a dream...it's only a dream...
Isn't it?

Some things merge so much that reality even becomes blurred.
In saying so...sometimes it is merely that I am just so caught up in my own thoughts that the outside, real world becomes lost to me.
And a warning...
A quote I read in the Stephen King book, The Shining...

'The sleep of reason breeds monsters' Goya.

        It reminds me of the other bits and pieces I've read and watched that tell of how getting too deep into ones mind can allow the monsters that birth there a way to grasp hold. You have opened the doors to the fathoms of your own soul, and it in itself is endless and an eternity of depths...
so how can we be surprised to find darkness and creatures lurking in some corners.
We are an ecosystem...a whole other world, where life - of a sort - grows.

That's what I long ago started believeing at least.
 

 
It's more the idea of things that I find romantic and fascinating.
When it comes to actually experiencing it, I am less happy.
Maybe it's that expectations grow too much over time,
but...
it makes for poor living when all the guises and fantasies come to an end.
 
            I was always enthralled by the idea of waiting for someone who spends there days challenging the seas.  
                  What better way to live than exchanging the act of running the guantlet in the system to running the gauntlet against nature itself?
 
Sail little ship,
sail far away...
to where the stones don't rust,
and the air is quiet...
and we don't have to hurt ourselves anymore.
 
 
Discordance has lighted my life at the moment...
and in what way, you may sayy,
A side note first, if you please...
I admire the cat greatly,
because She - the feline - reflects how I feel to be...
cats, when they are injured or about to die,
will go off by themselves to heal or die alone...
it sounds quite depressing when you say it that way,
But...
what a creature!
Mayhaps it is pride...
and I know most of you will say that,
but surely it is heart?
That a cat will spare you the heartache of seeing it die
(if you hold the feline in your heart, that is)
and deal with it by itself.
If I was dying why would I tell people?
The only reason would be to make others suffer along with myself...
where is the heart in that?
 
But I'm not dying...don't worry.
More, someone who has broken apart my family and my own life for years and years...
through no fault of her own,
is leaving us...
the straign has become too much and this disease is killing her,
and we...
can't watch this happen.
 
 
I'm sorry I'm being so mysterious,
but...
I can garuntee,
that a great part of the gloom will have lifted by March...
just a month or two to go,
then perhaps I will tell you my ailment of late...
 
My skyy is scattered with storm clouds,
while grey mists lace my thoughts and ways...
my greyhound curls into impossible shapes,
and a brightening of eyes and lengthening of my mind...
comes to me with this rain,
there is an awakening in this air...
that sweeps across our land,
the streets take on new faces and masks...
and winter invades again,
we cross bridges with our souls perched...
in the darks of our eyes and the hollows of our bones,
seekers seeking a wanted thing...
that we have both feared and longed for,
the ocean writhes with kraken...
and he sees between our fears,
of darkest nights and murky depths...
a blue murk that stretches from sea to sea,
an ear to hear...
who has?
We wish our wishes away,
and follow trails...
between ails,
what does ail?
Us.
  
 
A quiet breaking of bread and late Christmas warmth to brighten your way...
dear friend.
Be well.
 
 
 
Much Love dear ones on this rainy morning,
 Miss CLScarlett xx

No comments:

Post a Comment