'Writers are liars by nature, but just because of that, don't discount us. For it is through our lies that we tell the truth. Our stories become the mask.'

Monday 24 June 2013

Of our Dark and Forgotten Thoughts and a Small Slice of Paradise...




We caught the moon in the trees the other night...
we stole its' place in the sky,
we bled it of its' inky blue...
and chained it to the earth,
it cries its' silver tears...
every evening and morn,
whispering things that we have forgotten how to understand...
and humming its' eerie song,
we had lost our hearts you see...
and had forgotten how to feel,
we felt no pity for the moon we had ensnared...
we did not know that we were wrong,
we watched it age...
as the years they decayed,
and our hair grew white and long...
we saw it there as the rocks and land were worn away,
and when they too forgot who we were...
Now our children sit on the bare earth,
and stare up at the chained moon...
they tell each other how monsters trapped it,
chained it down...
how perhaps if its' light was freed,
the world would heal again...

Then one day a soul decided that something had to be done,
he was in love with the moon you see...
and it tore his heart apart to see her in chains,
yet her bonds' were like ice...
and unflinching to his touch,
and so he screamed to the dark skies above...
'create me as something else,'
the world it heard his cry...
and the forgotten language came to his ears,
'we will grant your wish earth soul...
if you would feed to us your heart,'
the man it was said cried then...
for it was more than he expected to give,
yet his love was true and as he turned his face up...
he whispered once more,
'let me become what I will...
yet allow my actions to free the moon,
untie her from her chains of steel...
and allow her to fly,'
a ferocious heat came over the man...
and he felt himself becoming more,
losing his skin, his heart, his lungs...
and being lifted into the sky,
he saw a fabulous light burning all around...
and after a while he realized that it was him,
he had become the sun you see...
and for the only time in history,
his heat touched the moon...
she had been an unblemished pearl surface before,
yet his touch burnt her deep...
the fire that surrounded him ate through her chains,
and at last the moon took a breath...

yet despite the love he held,
there was too much pain for them to be near...
he could not bare to hurt the moon,
and so a new bargain was struck...
the skies and world whispered to him,
the words that would set an eternity....
'oh burning child we commit to you,
this our promise of the truth...
for the life of this earth you shall guard as the day,
while the moon shall watch the night...
not once can you touch,
or be together again...
except for the briefest of moments that we ordain,
yet she shall live and you both shall forever...
no fear no fear,
for you have no heart to feel...
just memories and glimpses,
of what could have been...'

An eternal love story,
an eternal regret...
and the hope that he might glimpse her,
 one more time.







  Hey there pretty people,

   I've been off in the most gorgeous whitsundays (and still am), so I haven't been given a chance to write more Blogs until today. My holidays are stretching out and I am regretting my present poverty...but I'm slowly forgetting the things that plagued me...though they'll be there waiting when I get back. Here the demons have different faces and names, but I know them and they know me, because really it's my head I'm running from: there's no escape from that.

   Sorry for the downer last note, it is nice to be back in party central and drinking myself silly each day and night. I found the tiniest of cocktail bars that sell a poison that they've deemed to give the name: the Dark Side of the Island. Reminds me of the dark islands I've been to, and coincidences? A book has also beckoned to me at the little book exchange store here...Duma Key by Stephen king, another story about a dark and beautiful island.


   I shall drift away now,
    Much Love,
Miss CLScarlett xx

  P.S. Here is a small slice of blue watermelon and a frog for you dear reader...to make you feel tropical.


No comments:

Post a Comment