'Writers are liars by nature, but just because of that, don't discount us. For it is through our lies that we tell the truth. Our stories become the mask.'

Thursday 16 May 2013

The Bell that Whispered in the Night.......hey you, you forgot to fall out of Bed.


 
'When the days are cold
And the cards all fold
And the saints we see
Are all made of gold
When your dreams all fail
And the ones we hail
Are the worst of all
And the blood's run stale

I want to hide the truth
I want to shelter you
But with the beast inside
There's nowhere we can hide
No matter what we breed
We still are made of greed
This is my kingdom come
This is my kingdom come

When you feel my heat
Look into my eyes
It's where my demons hide
It's where my demons hide

Don't get too close
It's dark inside
It's where my demons hide
It's where my demons hide

When the curtain's call
Is the last of all
When the lights fade out
All the sinners crawl
So they dug your grave
And the masquerade
Will come calling out
At the mess you made
They say it's what you make
I say it's up to fate
It's woven in my soul
I need to let you go
Your eyes, they shine so bright
I want to save their light
I can't escape this now
Unless you show me how...'
 
[Parts of the song Demons, by Imagine Dragons]
 


A whisper by the street-side,
shadow eyes amongst the shadows...
the shudder of wings,
against a cobblestoned walkway...
the smallest of threads,
running through the mist...
a waving hand,
reaching across an abyss...
a silence that stretches with the tide,
a sudden swirling in a silent pool...
the smallest of fears in a tiny breathing fern,
we watch ourselves turn to dust...
knowing that we will live again and die again,
trying to make it right...
trying to make things different,
when we are destined to make the same mistakes...
wrought from blood,
wrought from our self...
that we deny,
a shade softer than the grey...
the briefest of outlines on a blank wall,
in the shape of a door...
memories chipping away,
beneath a billion miles of fractured wood...
discarded highrises,
and dead rooks...
we flee as our feet bleed,
from our shadows...
which we forgot belonged to us,
and from the candyman...
the candyman can,
the candyman cancan
the candyman can eat...
us,
while we run...
eating on the run,
 


Waves beat away patterns into the bones of the earth...
drum beatss creak out between the fractures they make,
and the old charriots and their horses awaken...
to prance and dance their way through the midnight of all towns,
as we try not to watch...
Grit and pebbles and chilled water grasping at bare ankles,
we watch our old skin be torn and swept away from us...
silted into dust and thin wool,
so that we can create something new out of what remains...
let it not be banished,
merely strengthened...
and straightened into something that can be accepted enough,
to be ignored...
and left alone,
deeds done...
words said,
burn baby burn...
scream and cry and festoon,
oh dear oh my our Scar's a witch...
oh har oh harharhar,
 
 
The tiniest of bubbles rising into the sky...
If the soul had wings,
well then perhaps we all would fly...
a slow movement amongst the leaves on a path,
a dry dusty whisper...
calling you forward,
you step into the dark beyond...
the light sparkling behind you,
and a sudden dropping in the blood of everything...
a breathing and familiar embrace,
of cold and black ice...
and rivers running dry,
we drink our own misery...
for it is to our taste,
we compare our misfortunes to see the deserving of the two...
while Sir fate sits there laughing,
as we tear ourselves to bits...
In the firmest of holds the ice grips and reaches,
crawling its way throughout and beyond...
blasting open the passageways of the mind,
it whips sense into the irrational...
and makes irrational sensibility and pride,
cold arms...
dark arms,
embrace me tonight...
fear not silent creature of bone and water,
sink into the cool deep...
and there'll be no more,
no more struggling or complaining or darting around...
just silence,
and the close-knit net we weave about and through you...
feel our ten-tonne weight pressing down,
surrounding...
don't be afraid of the cold,
once you stop fighting...
it becomes so very warm,
so very warm...
and sometimes the stars sway,
and  sometimes the stars grow more ferocious...
and sometimes the stars are more cold,
and it seems that our planet really is billions of lightyears away from everything...
we dream....
...
..
.
.
 
 
  Hi there...
    It's been a while, hasn't it? Do I sound morbid...? Well yes Scar, yes you do. No matter.
 
I finally recieved my critique back from the company I sent it to. It's marvelous, but I have a lot of work and a way to go to finish it, but as they say...RAWWWRrrrrrr I so don't care, I'm doing it anyway, harhar harharr... XD
   I may be a bit more absent though because of this but my dear Sirs and Madmadams...just think, in two years time, if my plan goes right...I may just start popping up in bookstores. Who indeed...whoo indeeeed, can tell?? :]
 
   Miss Scarlett has to step out for a while, as I'm losing my mind at the moment, so with all my love,
   I wish you a fabulously adventurous and thrilling winter.
 
And, a glass raised please to many more future Blogs and letters to you wonderful readers, I LOOOOOOVEeee you all.
 
    xx
 
 
 
Demons...Imagine Dragons........ROCKSthe socks off!
 
 
Or...
 
if this is way too depressing for you in a video,
listen to THIS one by Imagine Dragons...
 
RADIOACTIVE...dumdumdum
 


 
 

 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment