'Writers are liars by nature, but just because of that, don't discount us. For it is through our lies that we tell the truth. Our stories become the mask.'

Saturday 10 November 2012

I Broke the Eggshell...and a world leaked out...of mountains and streams...and a City made of Leaves...

 
 
   Stripped to the waist
We fall into the river
Cover your eyes
So you don't know the secret
I've been trying to hide
We held our breath
To see our names are written
On the wreck of '86
That was the year
I knew the panic was over
Yes since we found out
Since we found out
That anything could happen

   Heeere's Johnny!


    I have returned from the depths...with lies and dasterdly dreams to give away, be quick dear friends...because I seem to only have a handful or so of them up for offer.

    It's been a while hasn't it? My internet has been commiting suicide for a while and [almost thankfully], I have ten times more ideas and newbies to show to you because I haven't been able to Blog for so long...
    Of that, I FINALLY recieved my new Ideal Typewriter, all the way from Ger-maa-nyy! It's fabulous darlings, and is about as heavy as a frickin boulder hehe. I finally got it to work after a few days, and it was like...a foreign, manic-energy took over me as I began to type. You see, you really have to bang the keys down to get the ink to work clearly, and they're hard keys. So it's this constant racket of noise that ends with many tiny bruises on the tips of my fingers and I just....love it. If I didn't have work and there was no one around, I'd just type for a whole day without stopping, it just has this hold over me. It's euphoric almost. :]


   Problem seems to be...that I really don't know what to type on it. At the moment I'm practising with all my various poems and short stories, but one day I want to type up one of my novels...even the, ahm, mystery one I keep mentioning is in the works. But, it's almost as though it doesn't matter what I type, just as long as I can. :]
 
   It's also as though a path of light is expanding around me in my life. Hey...old Mr. White n S is still lurking about along with fate and the rest of my shadows, [and the jinxing], but with a lot of things...it's like I can see the road ahead, but really, who can tell what's in store for us [obviously Scar...]but...my point is, finally there feels to be more light in my life.
  This has sorta all led from the fact that lately, I've become perhaps less scared of the world beginning to end on December 21st and more concerned about what may or may not be happening in five or so years time. There's a lot of word going around that there's going to be some major lackings of resources around then in the future, and I really do believe that at some point things are going to get bad in my and any future kids I have lifetime. It worried me but...slowly a way out has been forming for a lot of people I care about, and me.
  And dear friends, I know it's gonna kill you for me to say what I'm about to say, but I can't really tell you what exactly that way out is. We need to be careful...and even moreso...to wake up.
 
   What you may ask, do I mean by that?
 
   Just, if you would, think about it for a moment. Doesn't it feel, or rather, I can't be the only one who feels like I'm just walking through a dream in life, pushing out the daily work-and-play-grind and paving out a life here...
  

   It's like if you drive past a row of houses and glance inside...around 5pm, and each family or person [or most families], are just sitting and watching TV. We get up, and all go to work...whatever that time might be. Come home, drink or do whatever to try and unwind and...it's like being robots surely.
  I'm mainly worried that one day, something will happen and we'll all just be so deep in our sleep-zommbie routines and lives that it will near blow out our hearts and minds. Maybe we need that...or maybe we should try and start waking up.

  :] Don't mean to be all doom-and-gloom, especially on one of my first Blog entries in a month or so, but I just wanted to write down where my mind is lately. I have plenty of ideas for this coming time [if it happens], and I think I finally feel more hope, as strange as that sounds.

    Ah and on lighter notes (and with my mention to the path of light up above), I believe another item on my end-of-world list may be close to being crossed off. I think...I may be experiencing a love, of a sort...or rather an innocence of heart, for the first time in a long time. Ahm, I may or may not...have become quite close to someone lately, and it makes me feel...argh, like even more hope, if that's possible, hehe.

    So I spend my time, riding a shabby old red bike around the wide, sunshiny streets of where I live, dreaming of fishing at the river nearby, and being thrilled for the future, and my current routine.

    Of that, I have decided at long last to change the location of where Cara lives in my novel at the beginning. It's in Coombabah, Queensland. Why, you may ask, is that so? Well...for ages I've always had the image of where she lives floating around in my head...wide, sunny streets and a place relatively close to the ocean. Turns out, that is exactly the place I have now moved to. Creepy, huh?

  Ahm, enough coincidences? My real name being somewhat similar to hers, my street being the same as hers, and...well it's getting closer to the date the novel starts with. 2013...lol.


  On a last note, dear friends...I have some fantabulous news. That is, in a few years time...I am planning to go all the way over to San Francisco, to attend The Night of Writing Dangerously Write-A-Thon. It's a single night where everyone comes in costumes, there's an open bar, food, it's in a ballroom and it runs from like 6 till midnight almost. A whole evening of crazy writing, and there's so many prizes available and...my gosh it has become the pinpoint of my future, so, ahm...world, please don't damn-well end before then please...

   Here's a link to the information page on it, if you are - like me - a writer who is very, very curious:

    http://nanowrimo.org/en/writeathon

     I will lastly leave you with this music video of a song that's been drifting around my head for the last couple of days...'Anything Could Happen' by Ellie Goulding.

     Much love, and the promise of Blogging more soon....

     Miss CLScarlett xx

    

P.S. If you're looking for a gorgeous read, try Metro Winds by Isobelle Carmody...


No comments:

Post a Comment