'Writers are liars by nature, but just because of that, don't discount us. For it is through our lies that we tell the truth. Our stories become the mask.'

Saturday 31 August 2013

The Lime Bottle of Mayhem...

 
 
You are in a forest...
 
 
 
Listen.
...
 
..........
 
They are coming for you...
they are coming,
for you...
Child,
we must flee.
 
Now.
 
Over the fields bound by the bent bare trees...
their gnarled and ageless limbs trap our way,
they writhe and coil in silent places...
tangle their branches and claws in front of us,
we fly and screech through their blades...
faster than the wind can howl,
we spirit across the vastness of them...
until we arrive at a bare place,
 
But...
that was before,
and now....
 
You,
are...
 
In a Forest.
 
Listen...
They are coming,
they are coming...
 
The blackness is covering the land,
not a colour...
not an idea,
my dear, dear friend...
I speak not of that,
but a wave a vein...
a sinking of flesh,
the claws that dig deeper...
into our chests,
they bind us in iron...
and with the name of Numb,
we shut out the darkness...
and with it,
the light....
it vanishes,
it goes...
 

gone.
 
We race from the shadows,
across the sea...
we bound fearlessly,
through haunted lagoons...
pass legends of deaths,
and haunted islets...
places where demons rolled the dice,
decided life for life...
in exchange for glee,
and the fame...
and the fire,
because to live...
the only way to live,
is to dance on the knife's edge...
touch the flames,
knick your cheek with the knife to atone your fate...
become the witch by laughing at the terror and the gates,
we are the sea witch...
we know not what we do,
we become what we fear...
what we said we'd never do,
yet you live with a bounty on your head...
and a will to die inside your eyes,
for the demon fears are not the others the world...
no the terror exists inside your soul,
 
a crows nest...
I see them always,
one sits in my pocket...
and the rest hover over all,
I see them everywhere when I run in the mornings...
when I ride home at night they fly with me as well,
the Sea witches time is running to a stop...
let the sea take me back,
lest I become as I was to be born...
 

 
Will you flee with me?
 
They are coming...
they are coming,
 
We run...
through salt,
and across black lakes that swarm with life...
we tread through reeds,
and lands uncrossed...
where we can revert to what we were,
we trust our minds...
when they were not ours to trust,
how can one trust the oceans' deepest trench...
when to see its' secrets,
it would require giving up your last breath?
We kill ourselves to feel whole and sane...
I do not speak of the literal death,
more the inner death...
of what counts for the spirit,
 
Oh Scarr...
did you really think a soul like yours could be saved,
you gave your heart, your soul, your belief...
to the love of dear Sodom,
the relief you created...
for your own mind,
 
Yet from that...
even from that,
we flee...
 

Willyourunwithme?
 
To a path by the ocean...
between buildings washed with bone and silver,
their colour fading out with the ever retreating sea...
it corrodes,
and nibbles...
and takes and smashes and changes what it will,
as it will us...
and we race and we dance and we flee,
along the path by the sea...
and the wind it howls like the rain wolf,
the creature that appears between myth and rain and soot...
and it growls,
and it moans...
and the rain it pounds on soul and on stone,
and we become more...
I still remember that moment,
when my feet were bleeding from the stones I ran on...
and I raced a dark figure ahead,
while the waves pounded to our right and to our left...
we were in love,
but he'd never let me catch him...
and I'd never allow myself to run fast enough to reach him,
sometimes we still race each other along the path by the sea...
even though we are old now,
so old...
and we no longer remember what our faces look like,
and why we should one day catch one another...
yet that knowledge was lost,
somewhere between East and North...
and across ten million seas,
we cannot look back...
we cannot look forward,
and at our feet rests a blade we abhor...
that they scream at us to take into our hands,
to seize with our fists...
and lift against the interior demands,
to break every chain...
and cut every bond,
yet we remain...
and we softly and beautifully die in our frames,
 
 
So I run...
and I have asked you to run with me,
to fade into the distance...
and start anew and otherly,
If I had one wish it would be...
that a clone could be created of me,
 to love and marry...
be happy and merry,
be there for those I love...
so that I - the none-clone - could disappear,
live my life...
maybe decide to be sad,
so that to those I love could be the right person...
let me disappear,
for they are coming...
they are coming,
and if we stand when they do...
we may be cut down,
for they are coming...
they are coming,
and we must flee to someplace Other...
flee with me,
and let us slip past time...
for no time can help us,
and no body...
we spin and we trip and we scramble,
until eventually...
hopefully,
we rest...
away.
 
Far away...
 
Run with me.
 



    Stand in the rain and scream.


Miss CLScarlett xx



 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment